Translate

Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Hot Terrace & Cold Beers

August 16, 2013

It was a day of doing nothing.  Well, I did do things. I just didn't do a lot of things.

I brought along two books on this trip.  I finished one and am back into Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything".  I'm only halfway through as the occasional cold beer and the hot summer sun insisted I nap.  It would be my last full day at the lovely Claude's condo and lounging on the terrace.

Other than making myself meals, I watched a couple of movies in the evening and was tucked into bed by 9 p.m.  My usual bedtime.  Our evenings here have gone on to midnight or later and it felt good to hit the hay early.

Saturday, I move to Lony and Jemp's home for the remainder of my week here. This will be home-base as I explore castles and many, many historic sites.

Caio!

No comments:

Post a Comment