Translate

Monday, August 19, 2013

Remarks from my Cousin David Hall

August 17 - Amazing what can be accomplished in a couple of weeks.

I particularly enjoyed the colourful posts of your journey with Holly and hers with you. I felt I was looking over Holly's shoulder as she puzzled over the access to the bank and then the highlights from Trier (where I've never been) and social gatherings - assisted by but much better than photos. I sense that Holly may never be the same again.

And the part I can relate to best, of course, was 'the second coming' in As and seeing the poster John put together supported now by 'relics' from the crash site. I think you proved to Karel and the gang that the first trip was not simply a drive by seeking to add to family swagger. So, to my mind you have done a very good thing for the citizens of As, for Holly, for me and Johnny, your father and yourself proving something I believe in very strongly-experience and engagement with others triumphs 'stuff' any day.

And even if you have seen it already, you'll have to watch In Bruges (English spelling) with Colin Farrell.

David
 
August 19 - Thanks for your email, David. I wish you had been on both of the journeys and I know you wish you had been as well.
 
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment