Translate

Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 25, 2013

Here are some more photos from the albums I have. I'm taking the albums along with me so those who don't check Facebook or this blog can share the memories as well.

This was taken in front of our house on rue des Bons Malades when my best girlfriend (I'm pretty sure it is) Josee and I got dressed up for Mardi Gras. It was quite the party! The town band went all over the town, stopping in the bars along the way. The music got kind of strange near the end of the parade but no one cared very much. It was pretty exciting!
This was taken out the back of our house on rue des Bons Malades. Mom, Dad, Mrs. Lisson and 2 people I don't recognize. Dad planted a garden out back. I remember the neighbours were quite intrigued that he was growing corn. I think we even had a few cobs.
 
 
This is a postcard of the place where we went swimming in the Sure River. The other bit I remember about this place is that you could see ammo belts at the bottom of the river left there after WWII.

This postcard is one I sent my grandmother when our family went on a winter vacation to a resort run by the Americans near Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We did some touring around and saw the theatre where the Passion play is performed every 10 years at Oberammergau.


And this me on my new bicycle which I got for my birthday, I think.


Here is my family embarking on the S/S Homeric from Le Havre in October 1956 to head home to Canada. We had spent a day or so in Paris on the way.
 
And this was taken on board the S/S Homeric at one of the evenings' entertainment. Dad is on the front left with Mom beside him. And that's me on the front right with my lovely forest green velvet dress bought for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment