Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Travel Day!

7:30 am on July 30, 2013 - I had a great birthday yesterday with lots and lot of wishes from friends and relatives. Brothers Rob and Gord called from North Bay where they have been spending time flying their model planes and then trying to find them in marshes and so on. The flying seems to take less time than the finding. They sang The Birthday Song very well. Holly called and sang too. And Louise called and sang. I had a lovely birthday dinner at Bistro East with Bill in Annapolis Royal - http://bistroeast.com/ We had scallop-lobster risotto and a cheesecake with strawberry sauce. I got a candle in mine and with part of the choral group A Royal Consort in the restaurant, I had a fabulous rendition of Happy Birthday delivered. Great finish to my day!

I am trying to decide whether to take a large suitcase or a medium suitcase so there are two cases on the guest room bed being filled up and emptied this morning. I am hoping for the smaller one.

I've got all the electronic stuff together - Kobo, cell phone, camera, laptop plus all their cords and chargers and the converter. Jeez, I remember packing like this when I went North to Inuvik each year from 2007 to 2010! And that trip took even longer than this one - 2 hours to Toronto, 4 hours to Edmonton, overnight, 3 and a half hours to Inuvik. So the total flying time this time is just over 7 hours, I can manage that, right?

I probably won't post anything more until tomorrow when I see the first of many friends - Jemp and Lony - at the Luxembourg airport and then Holly at the train station. But you never know, I might just get motivated just before we drive off to Halifax after lunch today. The Condor flight takes off at 8:00 pm this evening and I'll be in Frankfurt tomorrow morning at 7:30 am. And the Luxair flight gets to Luxembourg at 1:35 pm. YAY!

1:30 pm - The smaller suitcase prevailed! Just heading out for the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment