Translate

Saturday, July 20, 2013

More Photos from Yesteryear!

July 20, 2013 - I've been scanning photos from photos from old albums and here are some of them. I expect there will be more postings along this line through the next days as I get ready to get on the plane!

This is me in the front door of our house on rue des Bons Malades, Echternach, Luxembourg. It looks like about 1954 but I'm not sure.

This is our class photo taken at the end of the school year in July 1954. I went to the local school for part of the year. It was all in German or French. The French I learned in Canada was just barely enough for me to get started in school and I had no clue about German. By the way, I'm in the back row, in the white top on the very right next to the tall girl. My best friend Josee is almost right in the middle of the photo.
 
This is my report card from that year. I think the teacher was being very generous!


 
This napkin ring now holds my napkin for every day use! It belonged to my Mom. It's a bit battered but then, so am I!

 
This photo was taken on a wonderful Girl Guide trip we took to Austria. This day we went on a hike up into the Alps. See the stones on the roof? There were oodles of chalet music boxes made with those stones on the roofs. Mom and Dad had one but I'm not sure where it went. I recall that the glue started to let go and many of those little pebbles were lost.

 
Here is most of our merry Girl Guide troop on the lakeside at a Girl Guide campsite near Pertisau, Austria. I don't seem to have any photos of this terrific trip with me in it. Our leader is Mady Schaffner who is sitting on the far left.

No comments:

Post a Comment